Happy Wednesday! Hope you’re all well.
I’ve been fairly quite recently and sort of neglected my blog purely because I haven’t really been in the mood to write or even know what posts to write anyone. I’ve also developed a hatred for January this year even though everyone says ‘2020 will be your best year‘ etc, but for me I’m sick of January and so over this cold weather. I know winter hasn’t really fully kicked in yet and that we’ve had some sunny days (today is one of them days) but hurry up Spring. I can’t wait to watch the changes in seasons and see the flowers blossom!.
Here is 5 little tips on how I’m slowly starting to get over winter blues:
- Excerise – I’m going to get back into my home work out routine asap! I find exercise helps my mind become clearer and it’s good for the body.
- Drink more water – I’ve always been a lover for water (yes I’m that weird person) and I always take water to work HOWEVER I’m going to start off my mornings by having a glass of water before I have my usual cup of tea.
- Read a book – I love books but I rarely read them, I’m still currently reading a Christmas book that I purchase at the beginning of December. I am loving it though!
- Put down my phone! – This is a big one for me as were all addicted to our phones whether it’s for endless scrolling on social media, playing games or texting our pals. I’m going to aim to spend a few hours a day away from mine and get stuff done! This will also help me because I often find myself (like many of us) comparing my days to others and thinking I’m boring because I’m not doing fun cool stuff like what others posts of their feeds or stories!. I need to stop it’s not doing my head any favours I tell ya!.
- Go out for walks. – I used to hate walking when I was younger but now I love nothing more than going for little walks either to the beach, the park or a National Trust place. Getting wrapped up and going out for a few hours is just perfect at the moment. Fresh air is always a winner.
All of the above and other little things that I’m aiming to do will help me brush off my winter blues. I have some exiting things to look forward to this year and I can’t wait to make more memories and see what the year has in store for me!. It’s so exciting knowing that it’s a new decade.
Anyone else feeling a bit meh this month/winter? Anything you’ve been doing that helps?
Thank you for reading xxx